Date: 3/15/17 3:54 pm
From: Ellen Cantor <ellencantor...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Birders' Night Meets March 20th with Sarah Smith deVasconcellos' "Birds of Southern India and Sri Lanka"
Title: Eugene Birders' Night March 20th with Sarah Smith de
Vasconcellos' "Birds
of Southern India and Sri Lanka"

The next Eugene Birders Night (SWOC) meeting will be held Monday, March
20th, 2017 at 7 pm at the McNail-Riley house, 601 W 13th Ave, Eugene. The
McNail-Riley House is the restored historic house at the NW corner of W.
13th Ave. and Jefferson St. The parking area, located immediately west of
the McNail-Riley House, can be accessed from Jefferson St. via the driveway
located immediately north of the M-R House. We are allowed to park only in
the 5 spaces closest to the M-R house. If these spaces are full, you can
take the west exit from the M-R parking lot on to 13 Ave, then go directly
across 13th to enter and park in the Fairgrounds parking lot.

After initial introductions, we’ll share recent sightings and discuss
birding connected topics. Then Sarah Smith de Vasconcellos will share
herexperience
of the birds and wildlife of Sri Lanka and Southern India, including the
remote Andaman Islands. All three areas have numerous endemics, especially
owls, including the mythical Serendip Scops Owl of Sri Lanka. This is also
a chance to see Peafowl and Junglefowl (aka chickens) in the wild! And
India has its share of charismatic megafauna, such as elephants and gaur
(Indian bison).

No entrance fees! All are welcome!

Contact <ellencantor...> for further information

Join us on Facebook!