Date: 3/15/17 3:08 pm
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Barrow's Goldeneye - Sheboygan Co. 3/15/17, some images...
Hi all,
I made the run up to North Point Park in Sheboygan this morning with hopes
to see the male Barrow’s Goldeneye. I was not disappointed. The Barrow’s
Goldeneye rode the large waves coming in like the other ducks present. It
dove often for food and sometimes it was hard to relocate with the large
waves. This is not a life bird as I photographed one at the exact location
back on January 7, 2011. As I have searched high and low through rafts of
Common Goldeneye on the Milwaukee lakefront year after year, to see one
again is a special treat. From Sheboygan I stopped at Port Washington for a
couple of minutes and got a distant shot of 4- Red-throated Loons just east
of the harbor entrance feeding on occasion. Thanks to Dan B. for finding
this uncommon bird for the area and getting the word out for others to see
it.

Some images of the Barrow's Goldeneye and Red-throated Loons from a
distance at this link:

http://www.windowtowildlife.com/barrows-goldeneye-north-point-park-sheboygan-wisconsin-march-15-2017/

Thanks and good birding!

Jim Edlhuber