Date: 3/15/17 1:07 pm
From: <5hats...>
Subject: [obol] Gilliam 3/8

On the way to Idaho last week Laura and I made a few stops in Gilliam County. Condon sewage ponds held only 30 Mallards and twelve goldeneye, one a Barrow's. the Columbia River at Arlington had a precise total of two American Coots, and nothing else. Willow Creek WMA held an assortment of ducks: Mallard, Gadwall, Northern Pintail, Green-winged Teal, as well as lots of coots, a dozen or so Double-crested Cormorants, a few Pied-billed Grebes, and one Common Loon, but once again, no Redhead. I can't quite figure out why this species has so far eluded me in Gilliam, and especially at Willow Creek, as I find it every time I look at some small ponds along Three Mile Canyon Road but a couple of miles to the east in Morrow County.

Darrel

Join us on Facebook!