Date: 3/15/17 7:29 am
From: Patricia Valdata <pvaldata1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] slow release, my 2 cents
As a homeowner I understand the need for slow release of a rare bird's
location, but I think it should be done so that local birders get the news
first. In the case of this Painted Bunting, I would hope that members of
the Harford Bird Club were the first to be notified about this bird.

When the Green Violet-ear Hummingbird was in Elkton years ago, there were a
lot of hard feelings because that bird's location was given to only one
member of the Cecil Bird Club. It seemed unfair that birders from other
states were told of that exceptional rarity when birders who lived within a
few minutes of this bird were not told it was there until after it had left
the area.

Pat Valdata
Crisfield, Somerset County