Date: 3/15/17 6:47 am
From: Lesley Mattuchio <leslm...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] photos of birds - honest or "faked"?

Speaking as a serious wildlife photographer and for my peers, we not only
spend 10's of thousands of dollars on our equipment to get that feather
detail, but we also spend more time with a subject watching, waiting,
observing behavior before getting that "perfect" shot, than a lot birders
do. It is too bad that a very tiny segment of photos are doctored or "faked"
, but I can assure you that as someone who has been frozen, sweated,
sunburned, laid in mud, water, and spent many hours waiting that the images
are the real deal as is 99% of the wildlife photographers' images you see.

Lesley Mattuchio
Melrose, MA
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125349441@N03/