Date: 3/14/17 10:43 pm
From: Melanie Uhlir <melanie...>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Deep snow
Keeping a slovenly musician's schedule, I revere the Fox Sparrows for
showing up at our feeder area in the afternoon. Our two gorgeous Fox
Sparrow visitors continued into the evening, putting me at odds between
not wanting to frighten them away and wanting to give them more food to
scratch at. They finally retired and I put out extra seed in hopes to
see them again and to help them on their way. Forgive me for being
overly romantic. I haven't seen these absolutely beautiful and
entertaining birds for decades! And thank you to everyone on this list
for reporting this glorious species so I was on the lookout!! You all
are the reason I lurk on this list

Melanie (who is irritating to hardcore birders)

On 3/14/2017 7:08 PM, Geo Kloppel wrote:
> I'm feeling sorry for Fox Sparrows. Early this morning they were still working the ground under sheltering spruces, rummaging among the snow-dusted leaves, but all that is buried now.
>
> Grackles and Red-wings occupied the sunflower feeder, dispossessing some of the smaller birds. A Raven attempted to land at our crow-feeding station, but stiff aerial opposition from the Crows prevented that.
>
> -Geo
> --

> ARCHIVES:
> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/<cayugabirds-l...>/maillist.html