Date: 3/14/17 6:21 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Four Swallow Day - Portland, Oregon
Hello all - to augment Harry Fuller's recent post, I'd like to share my
findings for the day.

A brief stop at Force Lake proved to be rather bountiful in the swallow
department. After scanning through the swarm of TREE SWALLOWS, I
surprisingly came across an early CLIFF SWALLOW. A few moments later a
quick, slender, brownish swallow caught my eye, which turned out to be a
NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW. Joining the party a bit later were a dozen
or so VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS.

The experience proved to hold some pleasant surprises and was a much needed
intermission during today's steady deluge.

Happy Spring Birding,
-Nick Mrvelj

Join us on Facebook!