Date: 3/14/17 4:07 pm
From: Rudolph Keller <rckeller...>
Subject: Re: Allegheny County - Chickadees
I live in eastern Berks Co., which was in the hybrid zone 10 or 15 years
ago. I remember watching bilingual males sing both songs, an interesting
experience, and seeing intergrade plumage. Now I hear only classic Carolina
songs and the birds I see except in Black-capped irruption years (this is
one of those years, but the irruption was small, as far as I can tell) are
the small, dull gray birds with small bibs that you would expect to see
where Carolina is the breeding species. Here, the hybrid zone has moved to
the northern edge of Berks and into Schuylkill Co.
Rudy Keller