Date: 3/14/17 3:20 pm
From: Tom Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Red-throated Loons in Port Washington, Ozaukee County
After reading the eBird reports from the WSO field trip, I decided to go to
Port Washington to look for the Red-throated Loon and Surf Scoters that were
seen there. I had no luck with the scoters, but there were 4 Red-throated
Loons diving and swimming out near the harbor entrance as seen from Coal
Dock Park. A Peregrine Falcon was flying near the power plant and at least 7
Ruddy Ducks, 23 Redheads, and a Canvasback were in the impounded water at
the east end of the park. There was probably a lot more to see, but the wind
was brutal so I headed for home.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County