Date: 3/14/17 1:26 pm
From: Sharon Goldwasser <azfiddle...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tucson east side 3/13 and Harrison Greenway/Julian Wash bike paths 3/14
3/13 Monday- I was out on the east side- Woodland Road, pond adjacent to Bonanza Rd (east side of Lakes at Castle Rock, Tanque Verde Loop, 49ers, Agua Caliente. i got a late start and did not see anything notable except my FOS Bell’s Vireo on Tanque Verde Loop. Total of 42 species

3/14 Lakeside Park, Harrison Greenway, Julian Wash bikeway to Sam Lena Park and Reid Park.
There was an Osprey at Lakeside park (took a big goldfish out!) and one Double-crested Cormorant with a couple of Neotropic Cormorants.

I found 3 migrant Plumbeous Vireos - two at Los Ninos Park east of Alvernon and one at the SE corner of Reid Park behind the Hardesty Bldg. FOS Ash-throated Flycatcher between Alvernon and Country Club in the desert section of the Julian Wash bikeway.

Ducks are thinning out: I saw single Common Mergansers at Sam Lena and Reid Park. American Wigeon, Mallards, N. Shoveler at all three ponds. No Redheads or Canvasbacks at Reid Park.

Sharon Goldwasser