Date: 3/14/17 12:02 pm
From: 'Derek Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Bradbury Mountain Spring Hawkwatch begins tomorrow (hopefully!)
Hi all,

Well, it sure doesn't feel or look like it today, but tomorrow begins the 11th annual Bradbury Mountain SPRING Hawkwatch (well, weather permitting anyway), sponsored by Freeport Wild Bird Supply and Leica Sport Optics.

This year, we welcome Zane Baker as our official Hawkcounter. Zane lives in North Yarmouth, and has been a regular volunteer with us since 2012. He’ll be stationed at the summit from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily from March 15th to May 15th (weather, particularly visibility permitting) with Jeannette and I covering his day off.

For more information about the project, directions to the site, etc, see:
http://www.freeportwildbirdsupply.com/bradbury-mountain-hawkwatch

So, grab your binoculars and join us atop Bradbury Mountain this spring. Zane will gladly answer questions about the raptors you will see and help visitors learn what to look for to identify the 18 species that may pass by. The hawkwatch is free, though there is an entry fee to the park.

Also, be sure to mark your calendar for Feathers Over Freeport: A Birdwatching Weekend on April 29th – 30th. The Hawkwatch will be one of many featured activities during this family-oriented event at Bradbury Mountain and Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Parks (the full schedule of which will be available soon).

For a summary of our productive 2016 season, visit my Hawkwatch Season in Review blog here:
https://mebirdingfieldnotes.wordpress.com/2016/05/21/2016-bradbury-mountain-spring-hawkwatch-season-in-review/

Daily totals will be posted to the BirdHawk Listserve and shared here on Maine-birds. Daily totals can also be accessed from the hawkwatch page on our website, linked above.

See you atop "The Brad!"

-Derek

Sent from my iPhone