Date: 3/14/17 11:43 am
From: <Vanslagerf...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] RBSA at Cooley Picnic Area
All:

At 8:30 on 3/14/17 I was at the Cooley Picnic Area near the junction of Mt
Eden/Stevens Canyon Road. There was a cooperative Red-breasted Sapsucker
feeding at the sapsucker-marked base of a large Cottonwood tree. (He was
also there several hours later when I returned.)

I rolled down my window and drove up Stevens Canyon Road. Past the first
bridge I heard a brief blast of bubbly song, and I quickly found a spot to
park and walked back. But, although I spent a fair amount of time
investigating near all 4 bridges, I found no positive evidence of American Dippers.

Frank Vanslager

Join us on Facebook!