Date: 3/14/17 10:51 am
From: dinahandbob kerksieck <dinahandbob...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Double-Bar Redwing Blackbird in Ames - Mutation?
We had over 200 Redwings and Grackles come in out of the storm yesterday morning (including one female cowbird and one female redwing blackbird). Later yesterday I final got some halfway decent pictures of this unusual redwing blackbird with two distinct wing bars. I've been enjoying redwings since I was a kid on our farm but this is the first time I've ever seen this.

Bob Kerksieck

Ames, Iowa