Date: 3/14/17 10:16 am
From: <clr82...> <clr82...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] an enjoyable day at the feeders...
Homeschoolers don't often take "snow days", but oh well, why not! Our feeder birds are providing entertainment as I work on my computer. A lone grackle sits hunched on a branch overlooking the suet while everyone else partakes - chickadees, downy, hairy, red-bellied, brown creeper, red- and white-breasted nuthatches, cardinal and blue jays. The titmouses, goldfinches, mourning doves, juncos and tree sparrows prefer the normal seed feeders still. Our pine siskin has not re-appeared, but the house finches are back. The local sharp-shinned hawk has also shown up in a nearby maple tree contemplating his dinner choices! An enjoyable day indeed!Colleen Richards

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/