Date: 3/14/17 9:45 am
From: Christine Sheridan <cmsbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Newport GGOW, Merrimack Shovelers
Hi all--

Yesterday I had a couple of very close encounters with the fabulous Great
Gray Owl, when it landed close in front of me, (too close to focus until I
took a couple of steps back) or next to me-- on a tripod set up in the
field.

So if you aren't tired of GGOW pics yet, I have added few in my flickr,
and will probably add some more...

ihttps://www.flickr.com/photos/42971731@N03/

On the way back home from Newport, I checked Horseshoe Pond in Merrimack
(Hills Co) and found the three Northern Shovelers still there.

Most of the pond had frozen, and I didn't see any of the many Ring-necked
and Wood Ducks, Hoodies and (one) American Wigeon that have been hanging
around. Hoping they'll be back after the bad weather.

Chris Sheridan
Nashua