Date: 3/14/17 8:53 am
From: David Govatski Gmail <david.govatski...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Black-backed Woodpecker in Jefferson on Tuesday morning
I saw a female Black-backed Woodpecker on Tuesday morning at Mud Pond in Jefferson at the Pondicherry NWR. She was foraging in the black spruce swamp and visible from the boardwalk. It was snowing pretty hard so I was lucky to hear and see it. The only other birds crazy enough to be out were two ravens and a flock of 16 evening grosbeaks that were heading towards our home feeders.

David Govatski
Jefferson, NH