Date: 3/14/17 7:36 am
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Day old, Florida Cyn, Madera Cyn, Arthur Pack Park
Spent the morning in the Santa Rita’s ( 3/13) I was too early in Florida Canyon as I left before the sun hit the floor, so I missed on the Rufous-capped Warblers,
Did have Canyon, Spotted and Green-tailed Towhees, Canyon, Bewick’s House and Cactus Wrens, Singing Bell’s Vireos, Black-chinned and Rufous-crowned Sparrows in the first 150 yards, and a probable Scott’s Oriole in the research compound. And an Acorn Woodpecker. An empid remains unknown.
Did not find the Black-capped Gnatcatchers.

In Madera Canyon, Bell’s and Hutton’s Vireos, Dusky Flycatcher singing, Lucy’s Warblers and Black-throated Gray at Proctor Road loop. Pair of Scott’s Orioles at the Madera Lodge. 8-10 Hummingbirds were all Broadbills.

Arthur Pack Park in NW Tucson: Duck migration is well underway. Northern Shovelers have declined by 70-80% in little more than 10 days. Present on the 9th hole pond. 3 Hooded Mergansers, 2 Ring-necked, 1 hen Canvasback, several Green-winged Teal and Buffleheads, Ruddy Ducks are now the dominant species, Pied-billed and Eared Grebes continue.

New land bird was a Lucy’s Warbler in the mesquites.
Land bird activity was down in the PM heat.

John R Williams