Date: 3/14/17 6:50 am
From: 'Geoff N.' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] GGO hopes
Yesterday evening was quite a good bit of owl watching and photography for those of us there. Someone there was taking what should be amazing cellphone selfies with our friend just a few feet away on a fence post! I would love to see one of them! And it caught and ate at least 4 voles in front if everyone there, before departing across the fields for the evening. I've been wondering if our visitor will still be around after today, logic at first would suggest not, but this species is quite capable of catching rodents from under a foot or more of snow too. So while not expecting too much here, there is a part of me keeping my fingers tightly crossed that this owl won't be too upset over a little snow. Keeping in mind it's normal winter habitat. I am hoping to meet up with bunches of you all again, in the fields of Newport!
Geoff N., Hillsborough

PS: maybe instead of raising voices at kids, we should try a little more of a calm approach to teaching youngins' proper owl observing?