Date: 3/13/17 8:13 pm
From: Gene Beall <gene.beall...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Sharp-shinned vs Cooper's Hawk ID
I have the same question as Rosemary Hitchens concerning Sharp-shinned Hawk
vs Cooper's Hawk. Please see the photos I just posted to Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gene-s_photos/albums/72157681394559545

Can anyone confirm for me whether this is a Sharp-shinned Hawk or a Cooper's
Hawk, and what characteristics are you keying on to conclude your ID?

The bird seemed to be 13-14 inches long (head to tip of tail) as best I
could tell which seems to put its size between that of a Sharp-shinned Hawk
and a Cooper's Hawk. My wife took the photos this afternoon with her iPhone
through our front door window.

Thank you!

Gene Beall

Sammamish, WA