Date: 3/13/17 6:20 pm
From: Alice Horst <ahorst...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Bald Eagle
March 13, 2017
I was just notified by EAGLEWATCH, to whom I report our Mulberry Rec Trail Eagles, telling me that a female Bald Eagle was struck by a car at 441 and 42.
Bird was taken to rehab but died.
I’ve been asked to check our nest tomorrow, but there is a second nest that I watch just off of 42 with small chicks. If the female is from that nest there could be a problem as those chicks are quite a bit younger than our Eaglets on Mulberry Rec Trail.
I am SICK about this!

I’ll report what I find, tomorrow.

Alice Horst, Marion County, Fl.
<ahorst...>