Date: 3/13/17 6:16 pm
From: Tom Grey <tgrey...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Arastradero silver lining
Late morning today I was back to Arastradero after having good results
yesterday, this time to check out the north part of the preserve hoping for
Bald Eagles after last year's nesting success. Spent an hour overlooking
Felt Lake and the back of Dish Hill across 280, but no luck. A WESTERN
BLUEBIRD pair up there, and two flyby RED-TAILED HAWKS, no good pics.

Walking back via Redtail Loop trail I heard a HUTTON'S VIREO along the
Portola Pastures fence line, and as I peered into the vegetation the bird
popped out. This has actually been a hard species for me to
photograph despite its year-round presence, so this was a nice end to
hiking this 1.5 mi. loop lugging a big lens:
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/165123639

--
Tom Grey
www.pbase.com/tgrey