Date: 3/13/17 5:08 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Allen's Hummers in OR
I personally cannot tell the calls aparts. Given there are hybrids around,
it makes it even trickier. Allens, even hybrids, seem to be rare in Coos
Bay. The area I see Allen's and hybrids in Coos is Bandon, New River and
Coquille to Powers in lowlands. I would be real cautious IDing this species
by call without verify them by sight. The calls can be similar like the
HETO warbler complex in my experience. I have both species displaying at my
house now, darned if I can tell them apart.

Tim

Join us on Facebook!