Date: 3/13/17 11:40 am
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [birding] Another(?) Tufted Duck in Benton County
Thanks for clarifying, Hendrik!

I've had my radar up for a second Tufted Duck since the one being seen
at Ankeny NWR seems to be a less obvious example of the species, than
the one that was reported from Stoneybrook last month.

Anyway, one good thing to come out of this false alarm could be the
realization that there might be another good vantage point for scoping
the Evergreen Mitigation Bank. This has been a good shorebird site in
years past, but it can be difficult to view now during seasons when the
restored wet prairie vegetation close to Bellfountain Rd. is more than a
few inches tall.

Happy birding,
Joel

Join us on Facebook!