Date: 3/13/17 9:07 am
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Interesting cedar waxwing
Sometimes the white wing patches are the first thing you notice when you
spy a Bohemian Waxwing. That's why my heart skipped a beat when I saw a
strange waxwing in my yard in western Crook County. However, when I got
glass on the bird, it appeared to have white in the wings but all the
other field marks (white undertail coverts, yellow underparts, white on
forehead, brownish instead of gray...) seemed to line up with Cedar
Waxwing. I thought some might be interested in commenting on the white
in the wing and whether this is "normal".

https://flic.kr/s/aHskSjMBQA

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957