Date: 3/13/17 8:06 am
From: jonathanperry24 <jonathanperry24...>
Subject: Yard questions
Hi all,

This is for bird-ers, plant-ers, and animal-ers alike. We live in a
neighborhood in eastern Fayetteville which is well-treed and well-lawned.
This time of year, we frequently see trucks from one or another of the
various lawn maintenance companies, as well as many of our DIY neighbors
fertilizing and spreading other stuff on their lawns. The result in the
summer is a lot of very green and carefully mowed carpets. We've resisted,
with the result that our front and back yards are largely pretty bare
ground. We would like some advice on "in-between" choices which are
relatively low-maintenance and benign/supportive of birds and other animals
(and plants). We're trying to find out more about micro-clover as an
alternative to lawn grasses. Thoughts?

Jonathan Perry, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
Fayetteville, Arkansas