Date: 3/13/17 7:34 am
From: Andrew Burnett <aburnett9180...>
Subject: Neosho Co Stuff....
Neosho WA - The bulk of the water has been drained from the facility.
~40Acres of shallow water is left that sits below the level of the gates.
This should make for interesting shore birding over the next couple weeks,
assuming they don't trench out a drainage path. If we do get a flooding
type rain event conditions could get even better. On March 1st I was able
to ID 3 Pectoral Sandpipers with 9 located on 3-12. Killdeer are present
in big numbers with good numbers of Wilson Snipe available to view. There
were also 8 Greater Yellowlegs present on 3-12. The refuge road gates are
still closed for the season, so a lot of walking is required.

Lake Parsons - The Red-breasted Nuthatch is still present at the feeding
station. Also had several Red-breasted Mergansers on the lake over the
last week or so.

Burned CRP - A recently burned CRP field yielded an American Golden-Plover
on 3-11, then 4 individuals on 3-12. The same field produced 8 Brewers
Blackbirds, which were my first in the county for the year, which is
unusual. I am still missing Rusty Blackbird.

Purple Martin - on Mar 3rd a male Purple Martin arrived at my home colony.
The earliest arrival in the history of my colony.

Andrew Burnett
rural Pratt Rd

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to