Date: 3/13/17 6:49 am
From: Jeff Fleischer <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender raptorrunner97321 for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Linn County Gyrfalcon update
Hi Everyone,
Late last night, I received 3 really clear pictures from a friend of a gray phase Gyrfalcon that was found yesterday somewhere in Linn County.  The bird looks identical to the one I found on February 25 SW of Halsey but of course I can not prove that it is the same bird.  I am posting this for two reasons.  First, it is nice to know that a Gyrfalcon is still in the area :)  Second, the person who took the pictures (I do not know who it was but it was not my friend) was not willing to provide information on the birds location because of past negative issues with prior OBOL postings of other "good" birds.  Apparently, he received nasty emails from other OBOL subscribers after providing all of us with sightings of birds he felt we would be interested in knowing about.  I do not know any particulars about his experiences nor will I pursue finding out what they were, and I have no plans to try and find out where this Gyrfalcon was found.  I just wanted to inform everyone that actions of a few can affect the enjoyment of others.  I have personally felt that sting before on a few OBOL postings that I have made over the years so can understand the reluctance of this individual to share his good Gyrfalcon fortune.  Just another reminder that we should be civil in our responses to well meaning folks wishing to share their excitement with other members of our listserves.
Jeff FleischerAlbany

Join us on Facebook!