Date: 3/13/17 5:59 am
From: Jeff Hansen <jeff.hansen.sd...>
Subject: Chickadees
Yesterday I noticed a couple chickadees in my crab apple tree near a nest box. Sadly there were two dastardly male house sparrows harassing them. I'm wondering if the chickadees are looking at the next box. Later I got in my car that was parked below the crabapple.  I noticed tiny wood chips all over the ground.  I'd put small wood chips in this box a few weeks before. I'm sure the chickadees are excavating the wood chips so they can nest.  I'm excited.  Fyi. Earlier I put a 1 1/8 hole restrictor on box to keep out house sparrows but allow chickadees to enter.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Jeff Hansen
Topeka
<Jeff.hansen.sd...>