Date: 3/13/17 3:49 am
From: joycestefancic <joycestefancic...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] MERRITT ISLAND

Hi Birdbrains,We spent yesterday morning and early afternoon looking for shorebirds at Merritt ISLAND.   We drove both Gators-east and West 2x, and Black Point. We could not find any large concentrations of shorebirds anywhere...there were some gatherings of Dunlin and Least Sandpipers on BP and East Gator, with a Stilt Sandpiper with some Leasts on BP.  There were few ducks anywhere...BW Teal scattered throughout, and a few No. Shovelers.  But where the ducks are usually found on Black Point near stop 8, the waters were empty.  Gator Creek, between East and West Gator, had a nice gathering of gulls and terns and Skimmers.  There were a couple Gull-billed Terns there.Good birding, Joyce Stefancic Clermont, Fl.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

please visit us on the web at:
<LISTSERV...>
<LISTSERV...>