Date: 3/12/17 8:23 pm
From: Sharon Goldwasser <azfiddle...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tubac AZ Hawk Watch, Anza Trail south of Tubac
I’m sure the Hawk Watch crew will have a more complete accounting - but Chuck Williamson and I biked from Tubac to the the Hawk Watch site at Morriss park this morning, biked/walked down the Anza Trail and then continued our ride down to Santa Gertrudis Lane and back to Tubac.

We saw at least 12 Common Black Hawks (maybe 13) before 11:30 am, one Zone-tailed Hawk flying with a group of 3 of the Black Hawks, a couple of Red-tails, about 5 accipiters - mostly if not all Cooper’s Hawks and several American Kestrels. We saw a probable Hammond’s Flycatcher along the stream just north of the Hawk Watch area. We did not see the Brown Thrasher at Santa Gertrudis Lane.

We had several singing Rufous-winged Sparrows, one right at the turnoff to Tubac from the frontage road and one where the Clark Crossing road comes up to the paved road

The Amado pond had a group of Cinnamon Teal, a few Ruddy Ducks and Ring-necked Ducks, some coots and one Neotropic Cormorants.

Sharon Goldwasser and Chuck Williamson
Tucson, AZ