Date: 3/12/17 8:18 pm
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Palo Alto and Mountain View
Folks:

This morning, 3/12/17, at the Palo Alto estuary mouth, I heard three
SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHERS calling. My guess is that these are birds
moving north, not wintering birds. If the past years are a guide, a few
will be found there over the next six weeks at which point they will
have molted to their alternate plumage. A single female GREAT-TAILED
GRACKLE was at the west end of Shoreline Lake. On the south side of the
Mountain View Forebay, I was only able to pick out a single WILSON'S
SNIPE, and it soon found better concealment. The continuing male
"EURASIAN" GREEN-WINGED TEAL was also there, but was not paired.

Bill Bousman
Santa Clara County records compiler

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional