Date: 3/12/17 6:26 pm
From: Carolyn <0000003c3bab1191-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Merritt Island: Gull-billed Terns
Ioa Byrne and I spent the morning at Orlando Wetlands and then decided to stop in at Merritt Island West Gator Creek to see if the Godwits in question were still there. It was raining and we had no luck seeing any Godwits but towards the end, East Gator Road, where all the Black Skimmers were, along with a very frisky Reddish Egret, we had 3 Gull-billed Terns, of which 2 were in non-breeding plumage and 1 in almost full breeding plumage. They were in with several Caspian Terns and a few Forsters Terns. With 80 or so Black Skimmers nearby.

Thank you, Audrey, for reporting some Gull-billed Terns there a few days ago. I was hoping to see them. One less nemesis bird for me. Had a few many years ago in Texas. These were my first Florida ones!

Carolyn Cimino
Vero Beach

Sent from my iPhone
please visit us on the web at: