Date: 3/12/17 5:31 pm
From: Steve Valasek <botheringbirds...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Santa Cruz Flats
I took a drive down to the Santa Cruz Flats today in the hope of seeing a
Mountain Plover before they left, but I didn't see any once again. No Ruddy
Ground Doves or Crested Caracaras either. But I did see some Sage
Thrashers, a Hawk sitting on a nest (RTHA I think), 6 Common Mergansers and
3 Long-Billed Curlews near the Wheeler and Baumgartner house and a pair of
Barn Owls in an abandoned building.

I think that winter is finally over down there.

Steve Valasek
www.botheringbirds.com