Date: 3/12/17 5:31 pm
From: <12mercer34...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Sunken Grove WMA
My dad took me to Sunken Grove and Leo Shimon Marsh for my birthday. At
Sunken Grove, I saw 10 species of waterfowl, including 20 Ross' Geese
traveling with the Canada Geese. The most exciting part was when I scared
10 Bald Eagles. 2 of them were adults, the rest juveniles. At the marsh
east of Sunken Grove, I saw 14 species of waterfowl, the most exciting part
was when two Common Goldeneyes flew in. I also saw Green-Winged Teals and
Lesser Scaup.

Zachary Mercer
Fonda, IA