Date: 3/12/17 5:00 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos RL Hawk/ mocker 3/12/2017
I was up Bethel Mtn early AM which is in the SW corner of Coos County. I
saw a ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK which I had not detected on any other visit up
there this winter. Many singing meadowlarks. No migrant sparrows in yet.

Back in Coos Bay it hit 68F at the house- warmest day of the year so far.
Heard my first neighborhood Violet-green Swallows. Also saw about 20 Tree
Swallows out on N Spit Coos Bay, the area of the county they typically
arrive latest in number.

In North Bend the NORTHERN MOCKER was out in the backyard at the west end
of Florida St. when I pulled up at 4 PM enjoying the sunshine like the rest
of us! A Rufous Hummer was nearby displaying.

Georgeous day- would be nice to get more than one in a row of sunny,
dry days though...

Merry March,
Tim R
Coos Bay