Date: 3/12/17 4:36 pm
From: matt V. <fickity...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Yuma Weekend, and just out of bounds
Good afternoon. I went to Mittry Lake Saturday morning:

- 1 close Clark's Grebe at the boat launch. A continuously calling
Rideway's Rail from across the way.

- Betty's Kitchen, a female RED-BREASTED MERGANSER was unexpected. At
the edge of the Cottonwoods and the Ag field, I photographed a MYRTLE
WARBLER (just in case).

- an afternoon visit to Quechan Walking park found a TROPICAL KINGBIRD
and FOS Bullock's Oriole. Alas, I soon learned this is just outside Yuma
County and the park is located in IMPERIAL COUNTY, CA. Frustrating
boundary line...

Today, Martinez Lake:

All grebes were CLARKS! American White Pelican on the Lake. Calling
LEAST BITTERN at Myer's Point.

Along Red Cloud Mine Road, just before Palo Verde Wash turn out...
LUCY'S WARBLERS, and a Red-naped Sapsucker in the grove of thick
Tams. FOS BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRDS along all washes and desert areas
with blooming Phaecelia.

Just now at home, my FOS HOODED ORIOLE!

Matt Victoria
Mesa del Sol