Date: 3/12/17 3:32 pm
From: Alan Schmierer <aaschmierer...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Patagonia Lake: WINTER WREN
At Patagonia Lake east end birding trail this morning there was a WINTER WREN on the north side of the trail, opposite "3d wash"/just before the "big willow", where it has been pretty reliable all winter. It called several times, and was SINGING, although a rather subdued almost whisper song. Several photos start at:https://www.flickr.com/photos/sloalan/33363580486/in/dateposted/

Before and after seeing this bird, I spent considerable time at the Lake/Creek junction where I had two Winter/Pacific Wren yesterday. I neither saw nor heard any wrens there today. Earlier in the year there was one wren at the "3rd wash" area location and one "across the bridge". The latter would be very close to the two that I saw yesterday. Perhaps the "3rd wash" bird moved down to the creek yesterday?

Some other birds: There was a VIOLET-CROWNED and COSTA'S HUMMINGBIRDS at the trail feeders near noon. At least two GREATER SCAUP were at the east end along with 5 LESSER SCAUP.
At my house today, just outside the park, there was a FOS COSTA'S HUMMER, and continuing male SCOTT'S ORIOLE.
 Alan Schmierer
PO Box 626
Patagonia, AZ  85624
805-801-3701 (cell)