Date: 3/12/17 11:44 am
From: Bill Shepherd <stoneax63...>
Subject: cyclone of waxwings
At 9:55 this morning I was in the Burger King eatery located immediately west of the intersection of Markham and Cedar in Little Rock when what was possibly the largest flock of waxwings I've ever seen zoomed in to attack the berries that decorate ornamental hollies planted on the property. Being inside, I never could see all the birds at once, but there were at least 500 waxwings and maybe more than a thousand.

I was in a rush and didn't have time to look at every bird; but, as far as I could tell, none of them had a gray breast and a catbird-like orange patch under the tail.

But I'll keep looking whenever I get a chance. The chance of finding a Bohemian Waxwing in a flock increases proportionally with the size of the flock.

Bill Shepherd

Bill Shepherd 2805 Linden, Apt. 3 Little Rock, Arkansas 72205-5964 <Stoneax63...> (501) 375-3918

Join us on Facebook!