Date: 3/12/17 11:07 am
From: Barry E. Blust <barryblust...>
Subject: Marsh Creek SP - Chester County - 62 Tundra Swans
Marsh Creek Lake as viewed from Park Rd. access was empty except for the one
protected cove visible from the gate loop. There were 62 Tundra Swans there
as well as many more waterfowl. Below is the ebird list.

Marsh Creek SP, Chester, Pennsylvania, US Mar 12, 2017 10:18 AM - 11:06 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments: Park Rd., gate loop & main lot. Temp in the upper 20s and
west wind made it very cold. Most waterfowl were in protected cove across
from the gate loop. Main part of lake completely lacking in birds.
17 species

Tundra Swan 62
Wood Duck 1
Gadwall 1
American Wigeon 54 Estimate.
American Black Duck 1
Mallard 4
Green-winged Teal (American) 2
Ring-necked Duck 140 Estimate.
Bufflehead 2
Common Merganser 6
Ruddy Duck 6
American Coot 53 Continuing birds. Mostly in one raft but about a
dozen were mixed in with the swans and ducks.
Ring-billed Gull 1
American Crow 3
Song Sparrow 3
Northern Cardinal 1 Heard only.
Red-winged Blackbird 2

Barry E. Blust
21 Rabbit Run Lane
Glenmoore, PA
Upper Uwchlan Township, Chester County
<BarryBlust...>

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to
everything else in the Universe."
-- John Muir

Join us on Facebook!