Date: 3/12/17 9:05 am
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Junco behavior
3/12
In addition to the regular visitors, a Fox sparrow and a Northern Flicker
have been visiting as well as a Hairy woodpecker. American Goldfinch
numbers increased to 14. Being that there are only 8 perches on the thistle
feeder, the extra goldfinches wait in the tree for their turn.
I observed a behavior between two female juncos that I had not seen before.
Each junco extended their neck back, beaks open, chattering and wings
fluttering as they sat facing each other over a pile of seed on the deck
railing. then one left and then the other left.
Possibly a dispute over the seeds? It was interesting.
Bev Propen, Orange