Date: 3/12/17 8:51 am
From: Andrew David Miller <andrew.miller...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Rusty Blackbirds and other feeder birds
Our feeders have been inundated this morning by large numbers of red-winged blackbirds (40+), rusty blackbirds (20+) and two common grackles. The flock has currently evacuated the premises leaving behind the usual group of house finches, red-breasted and white-breasted nuthatch, goldfinches, chickadees, red-bellied, downy, hairy woodpeckers, juncos, one American tree sparrow, and our solitary fox sparrow who has been with us for the last three weeks. We also have had a loose flock of robins (20+) around for the last few days eating hawthorn berries as well as a small flock of cedar waxwings which is a local flock that nests in the area.

Andrew Miller

Ringwood Rd.

Freeville

ARCHIVES: