Date: 3/12/17 6:50 am
From: <BFisher928...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Ford County on Saturday
Karen and I, plus Stan Z, looked for, but did not find the Smith's
Longspurs at the Sibley Grassland that Corey L saw on Friday. But in a bizarre
sighting, there were 2 Ross's Geese in the slough at the center of the
grassland, along with several species of ducks. The geese were gone when we
stopped there again after lunch in Gibson City.

As Corey predicted, the wet woods at Sibley Grove had numerous Rusty
Blackbirds amid a larger flock of Redwings, grackles and cowbirds.

We also checked out the IDNR grassland at Rte 9 and 3800 in McLean Cty, but
that unit had not yet been burned.

Regards
Bob Fisher
Downers Grove