Date: 3/11/17 9:20 pm
From: John Rakestraw <rakestrawbirder...>
Subject: [obol] Sauvie Island sparrows
My Portland Audubon Little Brown Birds class braved the pouring rain
Saturday morning to explore Sauvie Island. We found all the expected
sparrows except Savannah. Wrens were limited to one Bewick's and a Pacific.
Birds of note included:

FIVE White-throated Sparrows and a Lincoln's Sparrow at the chum spot on
Rentenaar Road
a partial albino Golden-crowned Sparrow at the corals at the west end of
Rentenaar. He had a blazing white head and upperparts and a pink bill

three Fox Sparrows at the end of Oak Island Road

I am ready for some drier weather.

Cheers,
John Rakestraw

--