Date: 3/11/17 7:47 pm
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: Re: [NHBirds] Kudos to NH birding community
This is something that I've observed many, many times. Also benefited
from it myself a few times, and passed it on to others as well. Most
birders I've met are always ready to point out a special bird, let
someone else use our scopes, give advice, etc.

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH

At 03:10 PM 3/11/2017, <frechette7...> wrote:

Today I had the privilege of taking an 85 year old relative, who
recently told me he had never seen an owl in the wild and always
wanted to, on a trip to Newport to visit the Great Gray. His
first words upon seeing the owl were "that's amazing" After
looking through a spotting scope he pronounced it "fantastic".
Even in the bitter cold he was smiling.
As we drove away he said "you birders have a pretty great
community, don't you. Sending computer messages to make sure
everyone has a chance to see special birds, and helping people
look through scopes and all". I agree, this is a pretty amazing
community. Today all NH birders earned a pat on the back. Thank
you.
Rich Frechette

--
To Change your e-mail delivery settings (digest, daily, no mail)
visit: