Date: 3/11/17 6:49 pm
From: Tom and Margot Southerland <princetonnaturetours...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Razorbill and Snow Buntings
Today (3-11-17) I began my first spring Princeton Adult School birding field trip. The field have been ongoing, spring and fall, since the fall of 1978.

Close off the Point Pleasant side of the Manasquan jetty in the early morning was a Razorbill plus two Purple Sandpipers erect on the jetty, only one N. Gannet (off-shore cold wind), at least six Long-tails, three Common Scoters, several C. Loons and a Red-throated Loon. Adjacent to the Belmar Fishing Club and the Shark River jetty, we had on the ground up to 12 feeding Snow Buntings, some only several feet away.

Finally, the hundreds of Snow Geese were still at New Sharon sod farms very early in the morning and again at 3:30 pm when we returned. They were in two groups and too far away to try and pull out a Ross's.

Tom Southerland
West Windsor, NJ

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>