Date: 3/11/17 4:47 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] My own Scaup ID study
I really enjoyed reading Sandra K’s post on 3-9-2017 about her experience with the Davis Pond Tufted Duck ID, especially when she said “Basically, it's a greater scaup look only with a dark back”

I so wanted to visit Davis Pond today but I got side-tracked again and ended up in downtown Atlantic City in search of Scaup. Found plenty along the way and even more in the tidal channels downtown Atlantic City neighborhood. Some very close view.

I posted some photos of Scaup in case those who may want to study the head of this species as that was my interest for taking the detour to Atlantic City. Poor and distant photos because that is how most of us see these ducks in live action.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56086564@N04/

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>