Date: 3/11/17 12:33 pm
From: Beau Schaefer <beauschaefer...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Lake County Waterfowl hunt and Others
This morning Andy Stewart, Adam Sell, Brian Storvik, and I meandered along the lakefront and Pine Dunes FP looking for waterfowl. I then finished by myself with a couple of stops to the west. All told, I was out from 6am-12:30pm. Not the greatest day to look for waterfowl with the temps bottoming out this morning and a lot of inland ponds/water holes frozen over. Biggest misses were geese. There were no large concentrations of geese in any of the spots I went to. Also we predictably missed Blue-winged Teal and with many of the best spots for pintail frozen over, that bird was missed as well.
Highlights:

Waukegan:
5 White-winged Scoters

South Unit:
2 Wood Duck

North Unit:
2 Wood Duck

Spring Bluff:
12 Green-winged Teal
4 Am. Black Duck

Pine Dunes FP:
12 Lapland Longspurs
3 Eastern Meadowlark
Huge blackbird flock of mostly Brown-headed Cowbirds

Deep Lake:
5 Am. Wigeon
1 Canvasback

Druce Lk: