Date: 3/11/17 12:01 pm
From: Charlotte Seidenberg <charlotte.seidenberg...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] FOS hummer
Just saw our 1st ruby-throated hummer - male. He came to an empty
feeder. Luckily the wild azaleas & buckeyes & some salvias are blooming.
Eastern screech owl is in the nest box. I thought squirrels had taken it
over, but I guess they duked it out & the owl(s?) won. That explains why
the flock of blue jays were so upset on Thursday & Carolina wrens &
bluebirds were fussing around the box this morning. A wren actually
peeked into the entry hole & scolded.
I heard an Inca dove calling repeatedly yesterday morning. Gone today.
Cedar waxwings & robins finished up cherry laurel fruits & are in the sweet
gums.
All nice.

Charlotte Seidenberg
Covington, LA 70433-2325