Date: 3/11/17 11:55 am
From: 'Robert D. Hughes' <rhughes.enteract...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose White-winged Scoter, Snow Goose, and Thayer's Gull, March 11, 2017
With morning temps in the teens and a windchill even colder, today felt
more like January than early March. I ended up with 23 species in about
an hour and half of birding at Montrose, highlighted by the continuing
blue morph Snow Goose and White-winged Scoter, and a bonus adult
Thayer's Gull in the harbor. There were also good numbers of
Red-breasted Mergansers in the harbor and in the lake just outside of
the harbor mouth. I did not see the female Long-tailed Duck, which
didn't appear to be doing well when last seen. Link to my eBird
checklist below.

eBird Checklist

Robert D. Hughes
Chicago, Illinois
Birding Montrose Point:
http://theorniphile.info/birding-montrose-point/index.html
The Montrose Birding Blog: http://theorniphile.info/wordpress/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/robertdhughes63
Montrose on eBird: http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L161180

Posted by: "Robert D. Hughes" <rhughes.enteract...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)