Date: 3/10/17 8:32 pm
From: Cliff Otto <bye.bye.nh.birdy...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Re: PLEASE don't disturb the owl!!
Nancy W wrote:
Well said, Dylan.. very well said. And it could just be me, but some of the
posts and photos about people's experiences with him tend to make me
wonder. From what I've heard, this Owl's flown right at a few people..
which I guess really doesn't mean they were too close, but just makes me
wonder.. does he just have a high tolerance for people.. or does it happen
because he is annoyed?

I'm not trying to undermine Scott's comments on owl viewing etiquette but
don't Great Gray Owls typically live deep in the boreal forests of Canada
and just don't know what humans are? I mean the bird's brain has to make
some connection between a human and danger. If the bird feels threatened or
nervous, won't it simply fly off?

Cliff Otto
Manchester